Borderline Bassin' Contenders is a hunting and bass fishing club in Bellingham, Wash.
The objects and purposes for which this club is formed are and shall be to perpetuate all fish and wildlife in the state of Washington (especially warmwater fish as defined in the Department of Wildlife laws) and to promote and protect the privileges of all hunting (especially with handguns) and the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United State of America.
President: David Parnicky
Tournament Director: Zach Nolan
Treasurer: Laura Briscoe
This is a closed group. You must be invited to join before viewing its contents.
Borderline Bassin Contenders – history & function The BBC was formed in 1973 as a recreational club unifying Whatcom county fisherpersons to push certain local lakes for warmwater fish. Since that forming the club has evolved in all aspects of fish & wildlife use and management. Our present involvement are as follows:
- Supporting ideas and regulation adds or changes/lobby to/approve or disapprove policy and management by the Washington State Dept of Fish & Wildlife and the Wildlife Commission as well as other State & National Agencies such as DNR, BLM, DOE, DOA, & USFW plus input into State & National Congress.
- Protection and promotion of all kinds or Fishing & Hunting and their habitats plus, enhancement of those recreational uses including natural and/or artificial supplementation.
- Supporting & allowing fishing tournaments (especially Warmwater) while including protection to those resources.
- Protecting the 2nd Amendment rights to gun ownership as allowed & passed by our Country, State, & County Constitution.
- Continuing the club yearly Bluegill Derby free to all kids – Fazon lake.
- Club member fishing at the Annual Washington Bass Federation Jamboree a 3-day fun tournament/family camping weekend during memorial weekend for statewide recognition awards not money.
- Members of Washingtonians for Wildlife providing affiliation to the Hunters Heritage Council – a rigorous lobbying group to the legislature and WDFW as well as other State & National Agencies.
- Members of the Washington State Federation of Bass clubs – promoting warmwater fishing/tournaments and habitat protection as well as providing insurance protection for our club and including bonus subscription to the FLW magazine.
- Lease member to Fazon lake Services for private use of shooting range, boat launch and duck/fishing blind on Fazon Lake including helping with maintenance thereof.